Secretarial Service Companies
Strategic Trade Control in Hong Kong
Responsibilities of the Secretarial Service Companies
- According to the Import and Export Ordinance (Cap. 60) and the Import and Export (Strategic Commodities) Regulations (Cap. 60 sub. leg. G), import, export and transhipment of strategic commodities are subject to licensing control in Hong Kong. The transit of “more sensitive” items also requires import and export licences.
- Breach of the provisions of the Import and Export Ordinance (Cap. 60) and its subsidiary Regulations is an offence.
Things to be aware of
- Know your clients: Pay attention to the identity and the business of your clients.
- Alert your clients: If your clients are likely to be engaged in the import and export of strategic commodities, draw your clients’ attention to the strategic trade control in Hong Kong and refer your clients to the following useful reference -
- Avoid lending your address as the registered company address of your clients without knowing the clients’ background and business undertaken.
- Obtain more information and details if you act for your clients for any import or export activities in Hong Kong.
- Approach the Trade and Industry Department for advice in the case of doubt about how to comply with the strategic trade control in Hong Kong.
- Ensure your company complies with the necessary licensing requirements. (For details: https://www.tcsp.cr.gov.hk/tcspls)
- For Import/Export Licensing: 2398 5575
- For Technical Assessment: 2398 5587
- E-mail: email@example.com